Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hi There.

Remember me? Me neither. Has it really been that long since I last posted? Doesn’t matter. This post is already boring. The point is, my last post was a million years ago, and life events have happened. I’ve driven halfway across the country to fly around and eventually settle in Texas, and am currently in my first year of law school. So that means I now have a slightly better ability to qualify everything I say, I know a couple Latin words, and am sprinkling just about every sentence with an indiscriminate amount of “y’all.” I don’t yet own cowboy boots, but I pretty much never turn down the opportunity to eat a brisket taco. Oh, and I’m broke. Still. I mean, I have some money, but it’s all borrowed from future fancy-pants lawyer me (that ideally can get a decently-paying job after I graduate). But basically, that’s about it. Broke. (What else is new?)

Anyway, I put the blog on the backburner while I once again radically changed my life in about a billion ways. As per usual, I put a gazillion things on my plate, got crazy busy, and “took a break” from blogging. Hopefully just temporarily. 

Last time I posted, there was a daily tennis match going on in my brain as I was trying to decide between spending the next three plus years in California or Texas. For undergrad, that wouldn’t have made a difference, but for professional school it can really determine where you get your first job, and then what network you end up relying on, where you end up settling down, yadda yadda.. Anyway, there were way more implications to this decision than to any other decision I had made ever before inmyentirelife, and being someone who has trouble choosing what to eat for lunch (have I ever told the story about the time when I couldn’t decide what to eat, and ended up eating nothing but an apple? For some reason my brother finds this story hilarious), something so huge as the REST OF MY LIFE was overwhelming—to say the least.

One minute, my brain would look like this:

The next minute, it was this:

But eventually, my brain just looked like this:

It was exhausting.

But finally, and amazingly, and by a twist of fate, I ended up in Texas, dropping “y’alls” everywhere, running with Texas-flag running shorts, jumping at every opportunity to get barbecue, and listening to country music. Am I really from California?? Now you might be like, “big whoop, Miss Law Student, you just spent last year living in South Carolina.” But there’s something about Texas that just feels like I am where I’m supposed to be. SoCar didn’t give me that so much.

Maybe it has to do with being in law school. I’ll regale y’all with stories of the, ahem, glitzy world of law school at some point (See?? Y’all!! I did it again!! Hah. Brilliant.), but for now suffice it say that I’ve spent a lot of time in class, in my books, in the library, on Facebook, and at Bar Review. No, not that Bar Review—actually the fun Bar Review (for the first half of the semester, anyway).  That pretty much sums it up! Oh, and cooking and baking every once in a while. And decorating my apartment to my liking. And having a roommate. And eating. And running. Yay. And trying to be funny. Most of the time. But succeeding very little. Which on its own is actually pretty funny. When it happens. Trust me on this.

And speaking of trying to be funny, in looking back, I think I was trying a little too hard. Maybe. Not sure how I feel about those posts. I’m going to try to post more often than I have recently (as in more than zero—setting the bar high here), although I’m not going to guarantee that I’m going to post every week. If it turns out that way, that’s fantastic! But I want to try more to have better quality posts.. Although now that I said that I feel like I just put more pressure on myself, and no one is going to find what I have to say remotely entertaining and/or funny, and I’m just going to look like an ass. Blerp. Ahh well!! At least it doesn’t.. harm?.. anyone?.. I think? Maybe I’ll just distract you with another drawing Nephew begged me to make forever ago.




Rawr.

Did it work? 

No comments:

Post a Comment