Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Good Word

If you’re reading this right now, you have been chosen by Fate (or me—we’re obviously the same thing) to propel this blog further into the Universe. Because, let’s face it. Being a total weirdo is fun and all, but way more fun when you have other creepsters with which to be weird. (ß Did you see that?? Grammatical Correctness Score!!) Now I’m not one to sit and deny the merits of being antisocial, but I could really use some readers here.

Let me put it this way. It’s kind of like when you trip on your own foot, but then catch yourself, but only after you’ve made a noticeable shift in gait that catches the attention of anyone and everyone nearby, forcing you to laugh at yourself awkwardly in case anyone’s watching your oh-so-graceful moment. It’s not the worst thing in the world to endure on your own, but if you have someone with you, it’s at least 10 billion times more enjoyable because you have someone to laugh with/at you.

Also, my ego just wants to be fed with comments. I’m just putting it out there. Straightforward.

So here’s what you need to do:
  1. Click “Follow” for my blog (you need a gmail account).
  2. Comment on my posts.
  3. Tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW about this blog! Bullhorns work wonders. Especially when you put them on “alien voice” mode. That should catch the ear. (But also Facebook!)
  4. Make the people in #3 repeat steps 1 through 3. I’m not “necessarily saying” you should resort to hanging them by their toes or making them watch repeat footage of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart interacting in public, but do whatever you have to do!

If I can have this blog reach the demoted Pluto by the summer, that’d be perfect. Now that he’s no longer a planet (but clearly masculine?) as of old news ago (yeah, I know no one cares anymore), I’m sure he could use some loving too. Sound good?? Kthanks!!




PS When I originally drew this, little Nephew walked by and was disappointed that Pluto was sad. So he made me draw more planets that were happy to be part of the Planetz Klub. It started with Earth:



Then he wanted Neptune to be happy, too:



And then Saturn, which he so loved that he wanted it to be drawn twice:




And then he wanted me to draw a happy star--happy because he's in the club. He didn't quite understand the difference between stars and planets. I also didn't want to burst his precious little happy bubble. So I simply abliged:


3 comments:

  1. I'm not on Blogger, so I can't "Follow" you but I did add you to my quite-selective and ever-amusing blogroll. It's a list of folks who put some good stories (and pictures) up on the Internet. You might enjoy some of my links, yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andy. Also, thanks for posting the link to your FB wall! Shout out, what what!

    And thanks to you too, Meetzorp! I'm honored to be on your blogroll with the others. From what I read so far, they're definitely entertaining! As is your writing, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete