Sunday, April 3, 2011

Warning: Emo Post Ahead

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in about two weeks now. I took a week-long vacation in Calfornia to visit with family and look at law schools, and had an amazing time. I even managed to take some time to make a bunch of drawings for what was going to be a pretty funny story (at least I thought, anyway). Unfortunately, sometimes Life likes to throw a huge, ugly wrench in your plans, and you find yourself caught up in the more dramatic and saddening aspects of life.. So I never quite got around to finishing that post.

I won't go into details, but I basically have had the worst week of my life. I know that sounds dramatic. And I feel somewhat guilty saying that, considering how much heartache is going in on in other parts of the world right now, like Libya and Japan. But it seems like as soon as the Ball of Disaster and Drama got rolling, each day I lost something new. And it sucks. And I've had a hard time sleeping as a result. And I definitely don't feel like being funny. I'm sorry. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

Seeing that this is a drawing blog, I tried to express myself in pictures. So here's a metaphor for how my week was:












Whenever I'm going through a difficult time, I try to look around me for meaning, as well as something to learn. As always, going to Sunday Mass helps. The perfection of how the homily fits in my life pretty consistently reaffirms my faith. I know not all of you are Catholic, and I'm not trying to evangelize. I'm just saying what works for me.

I'm also probably going to be listening to Jack's Mannequin and John Mayer on repeat, as I have this past week. Especially John Mayer's Heart of Life:

I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
So turn off your tears
And listen

[Chorus]
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good.

You know it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing.
But then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining.

[Chorus]

I know it's good.

That and I plan to get a daily dose of Jonathan Adler. He's so fabulous, and makes me so happy. And his interior designs are amazing. And then he goes and writes things like this about Love and Hate on his blog: http://www.jonathanadler.com/blog/?p=296 

True, so true, Mr. Adler. He also makes me want to redecorate my entire living space with bright yellow--something I never would have considered six months ago, before Sister introduced me to his fabulosity. If I had an expendable income (not to mention a place of my own), I would totally be doing that in a heartbeat.

Ok, enough emo-ness. I'm going to give myself a few more days to wallow, and after that I'm going to try to reintroduce some Happy back into my life. Hopefully Funny will follow.

1 comment:

  1. It's all good chica. You can be emo. :) I promise someday (maybe even soon!), you'll look back and be like "Oh. Wait. Hold the phone! That wasn't quite so bad!" <3 you

    ReplyDelete